metaphor / met·uh·fawr/ noun - A literary figure of speech that uses an image, story or tangible thing to represent a less tangible or intangible thing, quality or idea.
meta / met·uh/ adjective - self-referential; referring to itself or its characteristics.

Friday, July 18, 2014

When the writing gets tough, the tough call the writer a sissy

Here I am again, writing another post about the difficulty of writing a blog post every day.

How meta am I willing to be here?

Oh... yeah. That's kind of in my blog name. Well, I suppose it's appropriate then. Maybe I enjoy playing around with words so much that my brain doesn't want to work with them. Really, when I start digging around the corners of my brain for ideas, they do start piling up. But they're like freshly mined gems - they need to be polished. I've got to bring out all my fine-tuning tools to cut out the ugly parts and make perfectly symmetrical facets, so that they shine just right when the light shines on them.

Why is writing about writing easier than... writing about other things?

Seriously, this is getting redundant.

I'm so glad that I get a day off tomorrow. The past three days at work have really taken their toll on my brain. I've been working on a clean-up project, which is far different from my usual routine at work. It's mindless, repetitive and has given me a sore back.

Hmm. Kind of like mining for ideas. There's a similarity here. The one who mines isn't always the one who polishes, but I'll bet if he was, he'd at least take a slight break from the back-breaking work so that his hands would be steady and his eyes wouldn't be overwhelmed by the light.

Tomorrow will be a better day for writing, I just know it!


No comments:

Post a Comment