metaphor / met·uh·fawr/ noun - A literary figure of speech that uses an image, story or tangible thing to represent a less tangible or intangible thing, quality or idea.
meta / met·uh/ adjective - self-referential; referring to itself or its characteristics.

Thursday, July 31, 2014

What a month!

It's the last day, folks.

Of the month, that is. Not of this blog.

Nevertheless, it's the last day of this crazy month-long writing experiment. I do believe it was a success. I learned a few things from it, such as how quickly I can get burnt-out when I haven't written this much in two years. I learned that however short a post appears from my edit field, it looks a whole lot longer when published. I learned that videos don't get a picture preview when I share them on facebook (sadface).

I relearned that I still have a lot of improvements to make on being able to balance home/work/social life/personal projects.

And I'm consistently learning new and better methods of expressing myself in writing. Each sentence is an improvement from the last. It's a gradual uphill walk toward the pinnacle of communication. I may never reach it, but I will always take one step closer each time I write.

So, will I continue to update this blog regularly? I sure want to, because it's started me on thought processes that I want to continue in for a while. But I still need to figure out how often "regular" needs to be. I definitely can't do it every day like I did all of this month, because as the last two weeks have shown, I can't quite handle that continuous streak of writing. Once a week might be a good plan, for now.

So long, July. You've been good to me, but now it's time to kick back and relax a bit, satisfied in a job well done.



No comments:

Post a Comment