metaphor / met·uh·fawr/ noun - A literary figure of speech that uses an image, story or tangible thing to represent a less tangible or intangible thing, quality or idea.
meta / met·uh/ adjective - self-referential; referring to itself or its characteristics.

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Sleeping abroad

You know the strangest thing I experience whenever I travel?

I sleep so much better.

It's like I barely hit the pillow and I'm out. Well, not literally. I still lay awake for a few minutes adjusting to how different the bed feels and comparing it to my own. But ultimately, I fall asleep much faster, move around much less (unless the pillows are wonky) and wake up feeling more refreshed and ready to go.

I don't entirely know why this is, especially since most people I've talked to say that it's far harder for them to sleep while traveling, because they're not in their own bed.

Perhaps I need a new bed!



No comments:

Post a Comment