metaphor / met·uh·fawr/ noun - A literary figure of speech that uses an image, story or tangible thing to represent a less tangible or intangible thing, quality or idea.
meta / met·uh/ adjective - self-referential; referring to itself or its characteristics.

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Joy in the lost and found.

Have you ever been so devastated when you lost something, that when you found it you did a happy dance just because you were so overjoyed?

Friday night I almost cried. I published my friday blog, looked over the list of posts and saw something strange. Tuesday's post had reverted to a draft. Of course, I opened it up to check it out... it seemed okay, so I hit publish.

Then I looked back at my blog again and saw the last end of the post... which was from a previous draft. Uh-oh.

I clicked on edit directly from the bottom of the post (mistake) and then what to my wondering eyes should appear? The complete text to the post I had just published that night.

Seriously, Blogger was drunk that night or something...

But I really could have cried, because an overwritten draft on blogger, since it does not save previous versions like WordPress, means that the post was essentially lost.

Not to fall completely in despair, I called for assistance on the blogger help forum. Just today, someone replied and sent me over to feedly, where lo and behold, my original post from Tuesday was safe and sound.

Really, I am overjoyed. It's just one piece of writing. but I spent a lot of time, thought and prayer on it, and I would like to think that it will spark some theological thoughts in whoever reads it. It's not that it's so much better than my other posts. It's still flawed, with much to improve upon, and some of my other posts are more well-written. But those posts did not disappear - this one did.

I love living in the age of the Internet, where some things don't actually disappear forever. It may not have been a miracle that my post was recovered, but it sure felt like one.

So today's passage is about joy over finding what was once lost. The whole passage is just wonderful in expressing how God truly loves his children and when one of them comes back to Him, he rejoices. But for now, I will just quote one verse and link to the rest:
Luke 15:7
“I tell you that in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance."

No comments:

Post a Comment